I want to begin my farewell to you with a thank you.
- for being there at all times.. - even when I thought you were not there
- for making me know that I'd not die I got marooned on an island. - I have enough fat stored to last a decade or so at the least
- for making me teach that some things are bigger than physics or the law of gravity (no pun intended) when my belly flab jumps down. (On second thoughts, that did teach me a bit about momentum and inertia.)
- for cushioning me on hard surfaces. To date, I don't know how thin people sleep. How don't their bones poke through and hurt them?
- for hiding my wrinkles, and letting me look younger once in a blue moon
- for giving the security guy at the airport a hard time. H/she is never quite sure if I am the person in my passport photograph.
It's been a fun couple of decades. But now I think it's time for move on to different things. It's not that I don't have feelings for you; on the contrary, I think I have too much of it.
You make me angry at myself. You have made me slap myself so hard.
You have made me happy whilst making you happy.
You have made me sad. cranky. annoyed. cranky at others.
You're helping grow physically and unilaterally a lot but I have reached a stage where I want more and less.
More of myself and less of you.
So, goodbye. I am sure there are tons of children and adults who are waiting for you. Be gentle with them and give them space.
Yours, not anymore, at least trying not to be for next few months,
Samiha
No comments:
Post a Comment